Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I was hesitant to write this...

I've been hesitant to write this particular Blog. Mainly because for the better part of my life when something good happened something equally bad or worse has happened. But, what the hell right?  I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and say that I started attending school. A massage therapy and spa course. When I decided to do this and started to slowly tell people around me I couldn't believe the overwhelming negative responses I received.Most people cant understand why I want to do this. 


As you may or may not know I have my Reiki one and two atunements. *Reiki  is a form of bodywork and energy medicine that uses energy channeled through a practitioner's hands to restore health and a sense of well-being. Id  like to incorporate this into massage therapy to help heal people both physically and on emotional /energetic level. For more information on Reiki I found a nifty little site or you can just google it.


I've been working in machine shops and factories for my entire adult life. Not as a passion,  just to pay the bills. Id like to have a second job that's something I love to do and make some money doing. Plus id be helping others Feel better.so whats not to love?! 


I've started going to school during the day and work later at night. Its only been a few days but I can already see its going to be tough road balancing work, school, and  family obligations. I am up for the challenge as scary as it  seems. If I don't do this now ill always be finding excuses why not to do it and it' ll never be the right time. So that's it ! With a little luck and determination ill be a licenced massage therapist next year. I  just want a better quality of life for myself and my family and I hope I have their full support. Though im doing this with or with out it. 




*http://www.traditionalreiki.com/basics/basic.html

1 comment:

  1. Sooo awesome what you are doing!! You are doing this for all the right reasons, you want to help people heal...that is huge!
    It probably will be tough at times, but just remind yourself that by next year school will be over & you will then be licensed to do this & you will make money doing it. You are on the road to doing something wonderful for yourself, your family & other people.
    You are right, if you don't do it now you could keep finding excuses as to why not to do it. There is a quote I saw somewhere "If not now, when?"
    Congratulations, Good luck & I wish you the best! You rock!

    ReplyDelete